Saturday, December 09, 2006

final critique images

While I promised to post images from my final critique, most of my photos turned out blurry. Shucks.. Luckily for me, however, my project will remain up the entire Christmas break, so I will try to get some better shots before it comes down.

In the mean time, here are a few salvageable images. With this project I chose to focus on my design process. I created a 18" horizontal band of information that circled the room. It details all the design decisions I had made from start to finish. The images below are from one of the walls.


I created my final perspectives using a combination of watercolor and photoshop. This was my first time trying this technique and I am pretty happy with the results. Here's one of my favorites:

In addition, I made of model of the proposed design. This is definitely the best way to get the feel for a space.

7 comments:

heather lorin said...

Congrats on finishing - it looks great! I really like the way you rendered the most important part of the perspective, leaving the rest blank. I need to try that sometime.

I'll be so relieved to finish in two weeks but we have so much left to do (team project). I'm afraid my blogging has taken a back seat. Oh well, maybe after the New Year.

danielle said...

suzanne, it is greatly appreciated that you posted these pictures....they show off the presentation of your project really well.....you did such a great job and i thank you for sharing that. congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps, before i forget, i dont think i told you, but i saw that mug you were doing the water colors of on your desk in studio, and i think you did a really good job at capturing the range of colors and how the light reflects:)

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Suzanne. It's so neat to see what you do out there. I love the watercolor/photoshop picture. And i particularly love your ideas!

suzanne cabrera said...

Heather- I hope you will post some images from your project when you finish. I hope your group work is going well. It can be a challenge...to say the least!

Danielle- Thank you so much for your support. I really value your feedback. Thank you!

France- Glad you liked the photoshop image. This is something I want to practice some more. Stay tuned!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Well done Suzanne. You must have put so much work into the project. Is this your final project? What is next for you? I would absolutley love to have a look around this room, up close, at your work. I bet it's just amazing!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to get a peek into your life outside EDM. Congrats on finishing. Nice presentation.

Jana Bouc said...

WOw! That is really interesting and impressive. I can't even begin to image all the work that went into this project. Congratulations on successful completion!