Friday, April 13, 2007

handicrafts


My friend Kim, whose pottery I posted about a while back, asked me to help her with a portfolio of her recent work. Kim has been studying fine woodworking and will have a show in just a few weeks. We thought it was important that her portfolio reflect the handcrafted nature of her work, so rather than going the "Kinko's route" we went the handmade book route.
I am so proud of Kim and her designs. Just look at these wonderful, figurative pieces she recently completed.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You see, THIS is why I am so stoked about working with you! You totally and completely get it! This is lovely -- and Kim's work is divine... I'll bet that wood is just as smooth as a baby's bottom...

Just one more example of your extraordinary talent! The combination of her work and your intrepretation of that into her portfolio design will make her very memorable to all who see it, I am certain! Great job!

Anonymous said...

beautiful stuff ... the portfolio and your friend's pieces. Just amazing! i'll toss one back at you ... where do you find the time? where do you find the materials to bind something like this.

suzanne cabrera said...

Thanks Lynne! I appreciate your vote of confidence!

Karen- I think I've just been lucky enough to have a productive week...this doesn't happen too often. Plus, right now, school and work are the only things I really have to focus on. To answer your other question, I find the little screws to bind my books at Home Depot. I can't remember what they are called off-hand, but if you're interested in making any just let me know and I'll find out.

Anonymous said...

rful. I wish you posted more