Sunday, February 10, 2008

go ahead, make my day


In the past few days I've graciously been honored with two "You Make My Day Awards." Wow...what a great thing to hear...twice! The first comes from Erin over at Traphic Signs (love this blog) and the second, from Alyssa at Penguin and Fish (another favorite)! You both definitely make my day as well!

So, here's the rules of the contest:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Tell the award winners that they've won by commenting on their blogs.

While I'd like to nominate my whole blogroll (each of you are awesome in your own right) I'm going to nominate five blogs that I stop by as often as I can, but haven't had the opportunity to highlight here before.

1. this chicken : I'm a newbie to this blog, but I've loved it from the beginning. Fun illustrations, smart projects...just wonderful.
2. Pen In Hand : Karen and I've been blogging buddies for a while. She epitomizes the great potential of illustrated journaling. You inspire me.
3. Mithi's Creative Journey : Not only do I want to be Mithi, but I also want to be on Mithi's creative journey.
4. Annie's Art Diary : Annie's illustrations are sweet enough to eat.
5. Shim and Sons : Perfection in blog form.

If you have a second, please visit these fine folks...trust me, they'll "make your day."

10 comments:

Piercing The Veil said...

i like how you illo the boots... you seem to do well with lines... tnx for dropping by suzzane

rebecca said...

Wow! Thank you for choosing me for the award - what a lovely surprise :)

Inger Carina said...

Great cute boots!
And you are off course one of the nominated in my "You make my day" Award!

Karen Sandstrom said...

OK, Suzanne, I'll admit I'm a little hormonal today, but your note about Pen in Hand actually MADE ME CRY. Not a lot. Not, like, huge, wracking sobs, but I cried. THANK YOU.

computerarte said...

:) congratulations!
Love the boot's, you are right who can't resist?!

Thanks for the nice word's and for appreciate my work.

Like you suggest I'm going to visit the blog's that ?made your day' to make mine. I already start...stopping here!
Thanks Suzanne.
MarĂ­lia

rebecca said...

I've been so excited about the award this morning that I have already written my blog post and passed the award on...

Thanks again Suzanne ;)

Anonymous said...

What fun! But, dh is not going to be happy that I'm doing more websurfing to look at yet more blogs. :} But I do like the blogs you've awarded!

I just show my love by trying to visit daily (or whenever I get near the computer) the blogs that I enjoy the most - which includes yours, Bird by Bird, Much of a Muchness, and Soap and the Finer Things in Life.

Happy Monday...no blizzard yet!

littlemithi said...

Thank you SOOOOOOO much Suzanne ... you're LOVELY (as they say here this side of the pond). I'm already thinking about which five I want to pass this award on to - although it might have to wait till thursday (valentines!) as I should have all the portraits done by then ;)

juj said...

oh my goodness! I've never been a fan of Uggs until now. These are TOO CUTE!

Annie Patterson said...

Hi Suzanne~~Thank you for thinking of me!! You rock!