Sunday, October 01, 2006

waiting no more

I found these drawings in a planner from 2003. They made me laugh and think back to the past about waiting tables. I am a firm believer that EVERYONE should be required to be a waiter at some point in their life. I can't even begin to tell you all I learned about people, and their character and lack-of-character, from my experiences.


This sketch is of me on a particularly rough night. I remember working so hard and getting stiffed....yes, it does happen...


This is Edgar. After work one night he was telling me about going to check on a table and instead of letting him approach to ask how things were, a lady at his table waved him away. In the words of Stephanie Tanner from Full House, "How RUDE." This is what I wish he would have said to her.

2 comments:

heather lorin said...

I agree with you on the waiting tables issue - it really opened my eyes and taught me a lot about how to get along with all kinds of people.

Jana Bouc said...

These are great and fun to see. Now I understand your comment on my blog asking if my mom asks for the ingredients to make lemonade, too. I've never been a waitress but was a barmaid in a neighborhood beer bar for two days (it about killed me) when I was about 23.