Friday, December 29, 2006

no rest for the weary


Wow, this has been one of the longest weeks ever. Not only am I in the process of moving (yuck!!!!), but I've been sick and Edgar's been even sicker....way sicker. This drawing is from night before last when I had to take him to the emergency room. Poor thing...he was in terrible shape. Evidently he contracted a stomach virus that is going around; and thank goodness he's feeling much better now, but for several hours things weren't looking good at all. We were in the emergency room all night....as you can see by the time on the sketch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a powerful sketch, Suzanne. I am so glad to see you appear again on your blog -- albeit with such a dreadful topic as sickness. Gosh i wish i could lend your corazón my medical benefits (from being a public school teacher, y'know), because i am not using them.
I particularly liked the box of tissues at the bottom... you summed up all the emotions there.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Yeah, Suzanne - it's good to have you back. I agree with France this is a very powerful sketch and as always brilliantly done.Even under those circumastances you still manage to come up with great work. Hope Edgar's on the road to recovery.

Jana Bouc said...

How scary! ...and what an evocative drawing...all the fear and exhaustion and hope of the long night are in there. I'm glad you're both better now. My niece had an awful stomach virus on Thanksgiving and then my sister got it. We almost called off our dinner because it was such a virulent virus but she stayed in her room and only my sis got it.

Felicity Grace said...

What a terrible time, I hope Edgar is much better now. Your sketch is wonderful though and no doubt will evoke powerful memories in the future.

heather lorin said...

Great as usual. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sorry to hear Edgar got so sick! Also a bummer about having no insurance especially with it just having expired. It figures, hmm? Great drawing in the midst of the stress. It kind of calms one down, to do the sketching. Oh, and a friend of mine just got terribly sick with that stomach flu last night. It's everywhere.