Sunday, January 14, 2007

a drawing a day keeps the doctor away


So, I said I wasn't going to draw this weekend; turns out this is much easier said than done, as I love to draw and, in some way, need a dose or two of it a day to maintain my sanity.
Today I went shopping with Edgar. I really do not like shopping at all. So, while Edgar looked for pants, I sat on one of the couches normally reserved for men waiting on their wives and drew. I tried some new things today, starting with using a pencil and concentrating on my line weight; so far, I like where it is headed. I'm going to keep working on this.

5 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I like what you've drawn. It looks just like what it is ... a department store display. High five girl friend.. I do not like any kind of shopping ... well, maybe books and art supplys are an exception. *wink

Karen Sandstrom said...

Simple, elegant. Very nicely done, Suzanne.

doktored said...

Good idea. I am doing exactly the same shopping diet. Although you are tempting me over to pencil. At the moment I am in frivoulous cartoon mode. Maybe I should do a 'serious' picture.

Then again midgets are fun.

Anthony said...

You are an inspiration. This is a great sketch. Sometimes I'm stuck somewhere and have the urge to draw, but am not impressed enough with the subject matter around me. Who cares? I should just draw anyway. Keep going with the pencil experiments. I'm ashamed to admit I've only recently discovered what a rich tool it is.

And I agree with you about airports: a sketcher's paradise!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, i like the pencil work! The area of the collar stands out.
I would add that a drawing a day keeps the therapist away. :-)