Saturday, January 13, 2007

where do you like to draw the most?

If I were to put together a Top Ten List of my favorite places to draw, airports would have to be pretty close to the top of that list. They are terrific places for my favorite sport of people watching...and it isn't just one kind of people, its all kinds of people! Moreover, people are sitting still for extended periods of time and I am able to relax and just draw as I have nothing else that I "need to do" more. On top of all this, if I'm in an airport, it means I am going somewhere. This is probably the best part!


One of the things that gives me the most pleasure when observing people at airports is noticing what they are wearing. Do they pick comfort over style or style over comfort? It really cracks me up to see women wearing stilletos in airports. What are they thinking?

8 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow Suzanne you really have a natural gift. The compoition of the series of drawings in the top picture is just brillinat. The second one down - I love the shoe. Stunning. And finally I'm definatley with you on the footwear front. I can safely say I've NEVER worn stilletos at an airport - actually I've never worn stilletos!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Absolutely great ... you make me smile.

Bobby Breidholt said...

Nice. I like the woman in the hat.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the airport is great for sketching! Like you, I wonder why people wear some of the things they do. I love your various shoes!

Seems like a lot of people like to draw in coffee shops and cafes. Of course, you know I like to draw in church. And I like to draw outside in parks, etc.

heather lorin said...

The shoes - I'll never understand it. The only time I've ever worn heels when flying was for a same day business meeting and by the end of the day I was very cranky!

Anonymous said...

soo...what shoes are you wearing to Venice???

suzanne cabrera said...

Believe me, comforable ones....but I think we'll have to go shopping for them first :)

Maggie said...

Hi there, popped over from Mithi's blog. I just *love* those feet at the end of this entry. Best wishes from Liverpool, Maggie