Thursday, March 22, 2007

campus sketchcrawl

I am so lucky that my job affords me the opportunity to draw...daily. This morning my class and I did our own sketchcrawl around campus. It was a lot of fun for me and I hope a lot of fun for my students. As part of their assignment I asked them to post their favorite drawings to a newly formed class blog. The deadline isn't until Tuesday so much of their work may not be posted until after the weekend, but here's the link in the meantime. By the way, any feedback you can leave them is VERY appreciated!

The sky was very overcast this morning and as a result, there were hardly any shadows. I know my drawings would be a lot stronger, however, if I had fibbed and added a more defined light source. This is something to remember for next time.




It wasn't until the temperature began to warm up (we had a chilly start) that I began to loosen up drawing. I think it is for this reason that my last two drawings are, in my opinion, my strongest.

9 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Wow Suzanne you really amaze me. These are all absolutley brilliant. Your lines are SO clean. They all look like such confident drawings too. And, in my opinion, you couldn't get a cigerette paper between them in terms of strength. Amazing.

mrana said...

Wow suzanne, I just love your clean straight lines and hatching, this is great work.

Lin said...

WOW!!! These would have taken me weeks -- they're awesome, simply beautifully and charmingly done!

littlemithi said...

Fab! What lovely work - from you AND your students. I wish YOU were MY drawing tutor!

Anonymous said...

What a great, creative lesson.

Felicity Grace said...

Lovely, lovely sketches! Can only repeat what Andrea said! Hope Pokey had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love the new science building in particular -- did you draw straight with the pen? There is so much confidence in your lines.

margarida colorida said...

beautiful drawings!

Jana Bouc said...

Great sketches! It was fun seeing your students' work too. I left comments on a few of them.