Monday, March 26, 2007

dot matrix

I have an excuse for not posting any this weekend...really. The weather has been beauuuuuutiful --- which has given me an abundance of energy --- energy that I've been trying to get down on canvas. I've been painting, painting, painting. I haven't finished a single painting....but, I have 11 canvases in the works. Yes, that's right, ELEVEN. It's crazy.

Here's a small section of a large painting I'm working on. I like the idea of getting a graphic, almost pixelated quality from drops of paint and I love the process. But to be completely honest, I don't know where it's going to lead. I guess that's half the fun. I'll let you know more as I begin to figure it out.

2 comments:

Karen Sandstrom said...

You've got beautiful colors going there, Suzanne. I can't wait to see the rest. Oh, and: ELEVEN CANVASSES!!!! Good lord, you HAVE been prolific.

Jana Bouc said...

This looks really exciting. Are you working in acrylic? What a great idea to start a whole bunch of paintings at once.