Wednesday, July 11, 2007

message on a bottle


Back in March, when Addie, Charis and I went to Venice, we met some really fun people at a great little restaurant/wine bar called Enoteca la Mascareta. When I heard my cousin and her husband were going to Venice this summer I made her promise to pay Mascareta a visit and say hello. Well, she did. And this is what I received in return. Our Italian friend Andrei (the self-proclaimed "wine-list") sent Sally home with a bottle of wine made by his father. In addition, he and another friend, Giovanni, wrote me a little note (in Italian - interpreters welcome!) on the bottle's paper wrapping. Wow, what a great gift.

Reason #949 for why I love traveling...

8 comments:

brian nelson said...

The Italians are so generous! Great drawing!

Unknown said...

The translation is something like this:

Suzzi, take care of yourself and don't give up to draw!
Ciao!

addon said...

great stories and drawings Suzanne, keep it up! I appreciate each one.

José Louro said...

Always a pleasure coming here. This is a great post.

Felicity Grace said...

Lovely drawing and story!
Are you not on the EDM Superblog, Suzanne? I seem to have missed many of your recent posts, blogarithm is playing up again :(

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I love this. I love the way you do this. So simple, so understated - just so cool. Nice story and gift too.

suzanne cabrera said...

Thanks for all your comments on this one, especially Miguel for the translation! How cool! We opened the wine last night...delicioso!

Anonymous said...

So, you opened the wine? How was it? I'm so glad to see that a little piece of me made it onto your blog:) Love ya!

Sally