Sunday, November 11, 2007

giving handmade


Earlier today I ran across a folder on my computer labeled "books." I didn't remember what it held until I opened it and found photos of several handmade books I made as Christmas gifts a couple of years ago. I'm so happy I took photos of them as this was something I really enjoyed doing and giving. There is something so fulfilling about giving a handmade gift.

With this said, you may have noticed that I've added a new little badge to my blog this weekend. I have taken the "Handmade Pledge" which means that while I may not be making all my own gifts this year, I will try my best to support other crafters/artists/cottage industry-ests through my Christmas shopping. As a little guy, I know the difference that support makes this time of year. Plus...with so much cool stuff out there to choose from, what a great excuse to spend a little :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The albums are precious -- and I love the sentiment about giving handmade. This year I've been thinking about what to get for people -- and I think your idea of giving handmade gifts, whether made by my own hands or those of others, is a terrific idea! Like you, I totally appreciate each and every thing that comes my way. Thanks for making me aware of the badge!

Ester Wilson said...

thanks for the "handmade" link - what a great idea for the holidays!

rebecca said...

Firstly, I want to say thank you for being the first person to comment on my blog! I really appreciate your kind words...

Secondly, I think these albums are a really lovely idea - they are just so personal. Who wouldn't appreciate receiving such a lovely gift that has had so much thought put into it?

...and thirdly, I also love handmade! This Christmas is going to be a very special one :)

leah petriccione said...

go canes!!!! :)
these books are so cute.. what a good idea!

Mischa said...

What a great idea! I've been wanting to make my own Christmas gifts for years, and always put it off. Chances are, I will again, but buying from other crafters is genius! Thanks for the tip! By the way, I love the books!