Friday, December 28, 2007

topsy-turvy bunnies

Ok, I think I'm back...

If there is one thing this holiday hiatis has taught me it is that I have a problem when it comes to relaxing. Believe me, it's not that I don't *enjoy* relaxing, it's just that I feel discombobulated when I do too much of it. And, as much as I hate the sound of the word "routine" I think I need a healthy dose of it (every now and again :) ).

The past couple of weeks I've felt a little like Pokey's bunny: all topsy-turvy. So, with this said, please know I'm happy to be back and look forward to opening my sketchbook up once again.

13 comments:

tamaraiivana said...

Qute bunnies,wish to play with them.

Laurel Neustadter said...

Very sweet bunnies. I like the subtle purple and pink coloring.

Anonymous said...

I love your squishy bunnies and the 3 different poses. Makes me want to play with my grandson's blue elephant before he needs it for his overnights here beginning tomorrow.
Shirley
http://www.paperandthreads.com

wagonized said...

I think i know the feeling, Suzanne. Beautiful illustration for it!!

Joan Y said...

Aw, I think this is one of my favorite drawings Suzanne! I can relate to the topsy turvy feeling ... great way to illustrate it! :O)

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Glad to see you back.
Cute, cute bunnies. You make them look so real.

Anonymous said...

Relaxing? What's that? When I'm on vacation from work I think I work harder than I do when I'm there. I always have to-do lists and goals for my vacations. Thanks for the reminder to try a little R&R too! I love your bunnies.

Anonymous said...

Cute bunnies! I feel like you...too much relaxing doe me no good!
ronell

Anonymous said...

Cutest drawing ever!

Kathleen Rietz said...

I love these sketches! I have an old topsy turvy bunny from my childhood. So floppy and fun to sketch!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

these, too, are gorgeous. they could have come straight out of a childrens book. is that colout pencil?

suzanne cabrera said...

Yep Andrea...it's color pencil. Not my favorite to work with, but I liked it here.

E-J said...

Aw the floppy bunnies! They brought a smile to my face. I am catching up with your posts and it's a real pleasure!