Wednesday, July 02, 2008

delineating space

I'm getting to practice what I preach...uh, make that "teach"...this summer via several architectural illustration assignments. I enjoy this type of work as it reminds me of the areas I need to pay special attention to when helping students learn to draw interior environments from imagination.


This sketch will be used to illustrate the vision for Lexington Home Brands' new Las Vegas showroom. I really enjoyed this project as I was given a wealth of information about the details of the space. This makes the process of getting the designers' ideas down on paper much, much easier.

11 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

These kind of views and perspectives really confuse and scare me. I'd love to work on some of this kind of stuff to. These are GREAT.

Stephen Gardner said...

WOW you've been busy, I love the perspective on these drawings, that isn't easy to do. The drawing of the pens is remarkable. What a pleasure.

Anonymous said...

Great work!

HFM
http://tcores.blogspot.com

Laurel Neustadter said...

These are wonderful and inspirational. I find perspective very hard. I am focusing on perspective in July and trying to finally master it ... I'll come back to this post when I need inspiration!

Liz Brown said...

Love the scale figures!
I hope you're having a great summer as well!

littlemithi said...

I love looking at these ... I spent a great deal of my childhood wanting to be an architect, and diligently following round two of my older cousins who were both studying architecture ... Infact I considered architecture as an avenue after I left science ... but am glad to have ended up in illustration. Still, love your drawings though :)

dee said...

Congrats on the job...that sounds like a great summer gig! You are so detail oriented and talented...very impressive, lady:)

Anita Davies said...

Wonderful work, I especially like your handling of the figures.

please sir said...

Sounds like a great project - did you get it through UNCG? Man - you are lucky!

Inger Carina said...

Took a class in perspective once - it's super difficult! You are amazing, this looks perfect! Hope you have a great summer - I'm on vacation but I had to check in on you :)
/Inger Carina

Serena Lewis said...

I'm impressed! You've certainly nailed the feeling of space. Nice work!