Tuesday, August 26, 2008

got my boots tied tight

I haven't been able to get this song out of my head the last two days. For this reason it seems almost apropos that the first drawing exercise we assigned our design visualization class was feet. Only, unlike Billy Madison, few of the students were wearing boots...instead, lots and lots of flip flops.I've completed this same exercise a few times before with other classes and with better results. I think I was trying to draw too fast today. Maybe I need to remind myself that this isn't the Olympics and there is no gold medal for fastest drawer. Regardless...I think its pretty neat to see all these feet in one place.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...those are wonderful! I think feet are one of the hardest things to draw well.

please sir said...

Great drawing exercise! Thanks for your living comment - I agree coming home is always nice.

Genine said...

suzanne, i think this is great and LOVE the compositions!!!

Funny, I looked at this quickly this morning and have now had that song in my head...ALL DAY :)

Anonymous said...

I like the quick sketches. I also like the more careful, nuanced ones. They're two different things entirely, it seems to me.

caseytoussaint said...

Amazing work, Suzanne. You make me want to go out and draw feet....

6BoxesOfMoss said...

so im not a huge fan of feet... but i do love how you put this together! So fun!.
I also think one of these prints would make a very cool textile design. similar to those of merrimekko where they do those fabric art panels. again, so fun!

Unknown said...

I bow down to you in your feet drawing prowess. I can't really draw very well at all and thus feet are completely beyond my reach. I love it!

m allison r said...

I hope the new school year has gotten off to a smooth start...
Much luck with the rest of the year!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I love these. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. I'm gonna have to do this excercise one day. Another for the list! Great stuff.

joseph's art and stuff said...

Very nice, I might have to try an exercise like this... but drawing feet scares me as well as hands.

miguel taborda said...

i am far from home... working... and this blog it makes me so much closer from my nest. all the drawings, images... in some way, bring be back great memories... thanks

DINTOONS said...

haha sweeeet feet... in some great compositions...!! tc,