Friday, August 22, 2008

honeymoon in vegas

Following our wedding at a place "where the stars are the streetlights", Edgar and I left for a place where all stars come in the form of streetlights. (Please contain your laughter...we went to Las Vegas.) Despite it being a sinful version of Disney World and a sweltering 110 degrees everyday, we had a fantastic time. We avoided losing too much money, didn't buy a time-share, ate well, drank well, saw some fantastic performances and developed some rather impressive tans.


Oh, and of course, we visited Venice, Paris, Cairo, Monte Carlo, NYC and many, many other cities without ever leaving the Strip :) What a riot.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! It's good to have some unusual fun. :)

Unknown said...

Did you meet Gil Grissom? :-D

Anonymous said...

many congratulations! we married in vegas (with pre-honeymoon at the venetian) but had the rest of the honeymoon in yosemite

suzanne cabrera said...

Fortunately Miguel, we did not! No visits to crime scenes this trip :)

suzanne cabrera said...

Pete- Yosemite sounds like a great place to honeymoon. Perhaps this will be where I'll go for my next one :)

wagonized said...

Who would have thunk? Suzanne & Edgar in Vegas!! I will have to go there once.
In your sketch, i particularly like the guy in the foreground, lying with his elbow up.

seesue said...

LOve your sketches, love your journalling and CONGRATULATIONS!

Joan Y said...

Hehehe, I just had to come back to read more about your honeymoon travels. I think it's wonderful that you went to LV! Can't get to travel like that anywhere else but LV! I wanna get married there like Miguel! :)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

I'm jealous. To me, this isde of the water, Vegas sounds like the most glamourous place ever. And, of course, the tackiest. A winning combination, I think. Did you bring back any hideous souveniers? A sphinx keyring, perhaps?

suzanne cabrera said...

No sphinx this time...but last time I was there I did pick up a pyramid charm for my charm bracelet :)

Inger Carina said...

Suzanne! Great News! Congratulations!!! I started to cry! You look stunningly beautiful!!
WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you two!
Michael and I got married in Vegas - Graceland Chapel (yes Elvis was there) :) with the honeymoon before, driving through your fantastic country from NYC to LA.