Wednesday, June 04, 2008

found! in cambridgeshire

Guess what?!? Anita Davies found my drawing bug all the way in the UK! Boy can that little guy fly.Anita wrote yesterday to alert me to her uninvited house guest. Here's what she said:

"I have your drawing bug. He arrived here around 3 days ago and is currently laid back on a box of matches sipping cocktails from a thimball. He has made friends with a huge spider who has helped him hold the TV remote ransom for over 32 hours and we can't switch from the discovery channel. He had two ladybugs visit at 3am this morning and played loud music until 4am. My family are tired, fed up and would most appreciate you coming to collect him."

Thank you Anita! While I've since contacted my bug, he's still not home. Evidently, he decided hanging out in bars with France's bug sounded like more fun. Gee whiz...what's a girl to do?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO great!! With art friends like anita, one will NEVER stay at the bottom. This is just THE cutest interpretation of a great story she gave you and I hope just the medicine you need to lift your head out of the water...good luck, all will be well sooner than you think. Your creative spirit is too strong to let you slip away. I'll be watching...
Ronell

Anita Davies said...

LOL...Oh what an adorable scene!!!
Great work and so full of creativity that I can't see your 'bug' being away from home long! ;)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Oh no, seriously, this is quite spooky. I mean quite spooky. I'm afraid that the bug Anita found must be an imposter. Realy. I know exactly what happened to yours. In fact, he accidentally crawled into the envelope with your Moley, and arrived in Derbyshire a little while back. All will be revealed very soon, but for now if your missing him that much check this out;

http://andreajoseph24.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-womans-work.html

I can't tell you anymore because he has left the country. And yes, he is now definately hanging out in some sleazy bar with France's bug - and you know what I think he's taken mine with him.

Jennifer Lawson said...

That darn pesky bug!I love the sketch you did with Anita's very sweet story. It made me smile before I shut down for the night.

Anonymous said...

Oh, poop...I had posted a reply here, but then my connection winked out (severe thunderstorms, and all), and it apparently never saved it.

I think what I said was "You're so funny! I love your bug theme. Can't wait to read about the further adventures of Mr. Art Bug. Reminds me a little of the Archie and Mehitabel stories."

Joan Y said...

Mariana Musa and I were just discussing this drawing bug of yours that has unceremoniously left to hang out with mine, Mariana's, France's, and Andrea's! I have a feeling they are down at the beach on a remote island, sipping MaiTais, taking in the sunset, and partying way too much! I am seriously in need of my drawing bug. If you happen to see her, can you please send her home? Maybe I should check in with Anita. They might still be partying away with the ladybugs!

Serena Lewis said...

LOVE the illustration!

littlemithi said...

Oh no! Mass bug exodus! Mine's disappeared too - Mai tais beckon I guess ....