Wednesday, August 08, 2007

haute cuisine

I'm not exactly sure at what point I stopped drawing everything and started drawing only the things I eat. Maybe this isn't entirely true, but it seems as though that's all that my pen has been capturing as of late. Actually, that might be a good diet plan. Rather than writing down everything I put in my mouth, I'll draw it. Interesting...I'll have to give that some thought.

I'm very inspired by the many scrumptous food blogs out there including Ronell Van Wyk's My French Kitchen. Unfortunately, on my end, rather than serving up nectarines with rose wine syrup, I'm microwaving Indian food in a box.

9 comments:

Felicity Grace said...

You gotta have 'naughty' to appreciate the 'nice', I say! ;) Wonderful sketch Suzanne!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I love this drawing... it would be beautiful framed in and in a kitchen.

Cin said...

actually I kinda like that idea, a food diary sounds like a fun project

also, thanks for your comment(s)! maybe I'll write a tutorial on the "process" on that piece, many folks have asked.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. Not only does drawing everything before you're allowed to eat it make for a good diet plan, it also lends a new meaning to 'starving artist'.

Besides, the GMO-free Indian nuke-meal is still miles better than a McAnything.

brian nelson said...

Great sketch!

Ester Wilson said...

what a fun drawing!

Anonymous said...

Good idea! What I should do is draw what I eat INSTEAD of eating it! I think I'd lose some weight that way! Great drawing, Suzanne. And Amy's Indan food is very good for a frozen dinner. I've had those when down in Corpus since there's no Indian restaraunts to go to in the area.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Fab sketch Indian food is my favourite - although I can safely say I've never tried a Paneer Tikka in a box (microwaved)!

Joan Y said...

Great sketches Suzanne! I've spent the evening perusing your blog ... from the very beginning ... while listening to Melissa Etheridge and drinking an ice cold Longboard Island lager. Seemed apropos. Brilliant, stupendous, and utterly amazing drawings. Big cheers to you!