Monday, April 28, 2008

strapless and stapled

Several of you asked that I post photos of my Beaux Arts Ball dress as a follow up to my last post. Ha...I'm not sure why you didn't think the drawing itself was an accurate representation?!? What was it? The fact that I drew myself 8 feet tall or 90 pounds?

Well, while I'm happy to oblige on the photos, unfortunately, I didn't get any good ones Saturday night. So, instead, I hope this "accurate" drawing clarifies things a little.As you can see I made a few changes in the construction of the dress. It's hard to get fancy when you're holding things together with staples! One word: PAINFUL.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you look beautiful! and smiling all through the staples! Hope you had fun!
Ronell

caseytoussaint said...

Oooh - how elegant!

José Louro said...

Very exciting yours moly's project.
Congrats.

Karen Sandstrom said...

Brave woman with those staples. Very cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! You're so cute, Suzanne! It's a great dress, staples or otherwise.

It reminds me of when Marilyn Monroe had her dress stitched on to her - you know the barely-there, shimmery one that she wore to sing happy birthday to JFK? Ouch!

littlemithi said...

Staples??!!?? Sounds like such fun though ... was the bride happy with you "re-interpretating" the dress? ;)

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Ok, we'll settle for the drawing. I bet you looked FABULOUS!