Wednesday, April 30, 2008

wacky, thwacky, matching action game

On my drawing class' first visit to Elsewhere, each student was given 5 sticky notes and asked to place them on items in the museum that they would like to draw. (I know placing a sticky note on an item in a museum sounds strange, but let me remind you that Elsewhere is no ordinary museum.) It was interesting seeing what items appealed to different individuals. Some chose things that reminded them of their childhood, while others picked what appeared to be "easy-to-draw" props. Among the items I gravitated to was this game. The photos and tagline were so cheesy I just couldn't resist. Plus, it makes me nostalgic for the Saturday mornings of my childhood: spent in front of the tv watching cartoons and wishing for games like this.

8 comments:

please sir said...

So fun - that place is crazy!

Anonymous said...

Kewl choice! How do you make the headings fit inside your boxes/books drawings? I find I always over or under-size the printing on an object. Well, that distinguishes the pros (you) from the amateurs (me).

I'd draw an easy-bake-oven, if they had one, because that was what I had wanted for years and years. :>

no way said...

As usual, love your drawing. I am also a sucker for games and toys of my childhood, so I understand your feelings on this. That museum looks like a great place.

miguel taborda said...

huuuuuuuge [in quality] drawing! i am in love by your work!

Robin Roberts said...

i really like your randomness of sketches. you are an inspiration to those of us who want to sketch more. nicely done on this one.

-robin
http://www.crosshatchstudio.com/

caseytoussaint said...

Gosh that sounds like fun! I wish I lived close enough to take a drawing class from you!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

SO good. I could never draw like theis. The clean, and straight, lines. Surely you must have marked it in with pencil first? No?

Danny Escabarte said...

Wow, you have beautiful sketches. I guess the kids loves you more when you draw them one.
I like reading your nice blogs too. I'm still an infant to blogging, just learning.
Thanks and keep up the good!

Sincerely,

~danny~
http://dcescabarte.multiply.com